The U.S. Referrals Program intern (St. Louis) will work closely with World Pediatric Project’s U.S. Referrals Program Coordinator in order to assist with meeting the medical and non-medical needs of the patients and families that WPP brings to St. Louis for critical care. U.S. Referrals Program interns have the unique opportunity to both interact directly with WPP patients/families in the field as well as work closely with program staff in the office.
· Coordinate logistical details for WPP families including recreational activities, therapeutic sessions, and other tasks as needed
· Assist with practical and social support needs including taking families to run errands and on social outings to St. Louis attractions
· Transport patient and caregivers to appointments
· Other duties may be assigned
· Current undergraduate or graduate student of any major
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Must have own transportation (mileage reimbursement available)
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
· Cultural competency
This part-time internship is 10-15 hours per week, eligible for class credit and includes a small stipend.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Monica Aceves at [email protected].