Join World Pediatric Project St. Louis by joining our U.S. Referrals Program as a Social Work Intern or Practicum Student. This position plays a vital role in support of families from Central America and the Caribbean who come to St. Louis for surgical treatment. These families need support while they are in town and this position offers an opportunity to work in the field for a unique, hands-on experience at an international nonprofit.
- Visiting families at the hospitality houses and hospitals
- Taking families on social outings to St. Louis attractions
- Transporting families to medical appointments, the airport, and other errands
- Providing language support when needed
- Assisting with program-related office projects when needed
This part-time internship offers a small stipend and can be used for class credit. Intern qualifications include:
- Current undergraduate or graduate student of any major
- Bilingual-Spanish preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have own transportation (mileage reimbursement available)
- Cultural competency
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Kate Corbett at [email protected].